The Point Loma Veterinary Clinic was originally located on Catalina Blvd. "next to the 7-eleven."  It was opened by Dr. Boyd Weaver around 1953 and was the first veterinary facility on the Point Loma peninsula.  Dr. Cardeiro started working for Dr. Weaver in 1983 when he took time off for vacations.  When he became ill, he retired and sold his veterinary practice to Dr. Cardeiro in 1989.  The facility was leased, not owned, and insight inspired Dr. Cardeiro to look for an alternative site for the veterinary hospital.  The land parcel just south of the United Methodist Church on Sunset Cliffs Blvd. that used to have two dilapidated bungalows was purchased in 1997 for the present location of the Point Loma Veterinary Clinic.  Building plans were delayed due to "misquoted" construction costs.  The custom two-story building was built from the ground up and was completed in October of 2002. The hospital occupies 2,200 square feet.  Dr. Cardeiro played a heavy role in designing the veterinary hospital floor plans and finishing touches with the help of architect and client Joseph Holasek of Nogle Onufer Associates Architects.  Please feel free to stop by to say hello and check out our hospital!